Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hamm's Brewery and that Neon Goblet (AUDIO PODCAST)

At one time. San Francisco was home to 76 breweries.  In this episode of the AA Hour, we'll hear from some folks born and raised in The City and their memories of some of the beers from the past.  I'll tell you about the greatest piece of neon advertisment ever, plus we'll meet an artist that has memorialized it in a series of paintings.





To listen, click HERE.  To download, right click and "save target as..."

4 comments:

  1. Great show, Den. Thanks for including me and bringing back some great childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis, Thanks for another trip down memory lane, this time very personal attachments. As I was listening, another memory came to mind. The reason my dad worked there anyway, was my Mom's dad, his father in law got him the job. Seems Grandpa had a few connections as he was a Cooper, a barrel maker, by trade and during the prohibition he ran alcohol. As my Mom tells it, he loaded up the family wagon with all of his eight kids and would put the booze under the floor board and go as far as South City to deliver, figuring with the kids he would never get popped. Anyway, thanks for including me in on this one. I totally enjoyed it and will have to get down to see the mural. Keep them coming Den!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dad and I worked at Royal Tallow and I REALLY KNoW THE SMELL. I always made more then my friends in hight scholl and college. What abot the Mr Penut sign? I love you man. You can never Texas the boy out of San Francisco. Go Crusaders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you still call it Pac Bell Park. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete