Friday, April 1, 2011

"Basque Block, Boise Idaho" (VIDEOCAST)

Boise, Idaho, is the home to the largest Basque community outside of their original homeland on the border of France and Spain.  On this episode, I'll take you to Downtown Boise's Basque Block.  We'll chat with a couple of residents about their sheep herding history. We're gonna take a pass on a Basque drink made of cheap wine and cola, instead hitting several bars in search of a tasty Basque-American concoction called a Picon Punch.   




To listen, click HERE. To download .mp3 audio, click HERE and "save target as..."

4 comments:

  1. From a Basque Girl in Boise, Idaho. Dennis, YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD A KALIMOTXO!!!! They are the best!!! I love my wine and coke, Dennis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shouldn't be so closed minded, but none of my Basque friends on the show had much love for it. Shame on me for not trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Den, got a big kick out of this one. Oly,Oly, O....Oly, Oly, OlyO! It's the water, and a lot more. Thanks for the memory. That Punch looked good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and one more thing. I can be your wardrobe person. You wore the same polo shirt in the last two AA Hours.....hahaha, unless you did Boise and San Antonio on the same day...lol..Seriously, keep them coming, truly enjoy them. I got NYCcoming up again in a month. Gonna hit that Giants bar when I am there.

    ReplyDelete